- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Castaway Pictures
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 07/01/2000
"...Impressively choreographed....This remains a thrilling spectacle..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The stirring drama of the historic battle between Napoleon and Wellington.
After a short exile to the island of Elba, Napoleon Bonaparte sweeps through the continent with a new army. French forces sent to subdue him become overwhelmed by the their former leader's charisma and side with Bonaparte. Upon hearing of his army's desertion, King Louis XVIII abdicates the throne. Emperor once again, Napoleon achieves several victories. But crossing the frontier into Belgium, Napoleon comes face to face with British and Prussian troops, under the command of Wellington and Blucher, on the fateful battle field of Waterloo.
- Cameras by Panavision.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Thousands of Soviet troops were brought in to portray the English, French and Prussian armies, giving the production its enormous scope.
- Production Supervisor: Alfredo De Laurentiis; Production Managers: Guielmo Ambrossi, Mario Abussi.
- Willoughby Gray, whose grandfather fought in the battle of Waterloo, served as Military Consultant for the picture.