- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 30, 2003
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Panorama
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ultimate DVD - 05/01/2007
5 stars out of 5 -- "BUGSY MALONE remains a superb film....Genuine comedy, a sparkling script and accomplished performances."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Original English dialogue with optional English/Chinese subtitles. Please note the printed artwork states NTSC/Region 3 but it is infact NTSC/Region 0 and fully playable on all U.S. DVD players.
In this unique mobster movie, Scott Baio heads up a prepubescent cast as the title character, a child gangster determined to rule over New York City. Instead of throwing fists or bullets, the Prohibition-era kiddie mobsters sling confections at one another. When Bugsy learns that a rival gang has developed a secret weapon capable of firing sweets as quick as a machine gun shoots bullets, he sets out to heist the high-tech tart-launcher.
BUGSY MALONE, director Alan Parker's first feature, cleverly spoofs the rich, cliché-ridden history of films about organized crime while lightly mocking the childlike, selfish traits of grown-ups. The engaging silliness is periodically spirited forward by several song-and-dance numbers composed by bubblegum pop maestro Paul Williams.
Organized Crime |
- "Bugsy Malone" was director Alan Parker's first feature-length film.
- A Rank Organization presentation, made by Bugsy Malone Productions Ltd. in association with the National Film Finance Corp.