Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$7 (47% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: August 15, 2006
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: BBC Warner
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes: Dickens' Favorite Child - A behind the scenes look at the creation of David Copperfield.
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Nicholas Lyndhurst, Bob Hoskins & Pauline Quirke|
|Performer:||Daniel Radcliffe, Ciarán McMenamin, Emilia Fox, Trevor Eve, Zoë Wanamaker, Alun Armstrong, Ian McNeice & Amanda Ryan|
|Directed by||Simon Curtis|
|Narrated by||Tom Wilkinson|
|Screenwriting by||Adrian Hodges|
Masterpiece Theatre presents this BBC adaptation of Dickens' beloved novel about a plucky young scamp's journey from hellish public schools to a job in a London factory, and into adulthood as a mature writer amongst in mid-nineteenth century industrial London. Dickens was famous for creating a supporting cast of memorable characters, and Wilkins Micawber, Copperfield's semi manic depressive father figure (portrayed memorably by W.C. Fields in George Cukor's 1935 film), is one of Dickens's most memorable comic characters. Here, Bob Hoskins takes on the role and proves to be one of the many highlights of this delightful adaptation, which is bolstered by a number of fine supporting roles, especially Ian McKellen's turn as the nefarious Mr. Creakle.
Description by Warner Home Video:
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)
Dickens' most autobiographical book, David Copperfield tells the moving story of David's journey from birth to maturity, a journey which links his life with some of the most colorful, extraordinary characters including the flamboyant Mr. Micawber, eccentric Aunt Betsy Trotwood, the kindly Peggotty family, the cruel Murdstones, the ever so humble Uriah Heep, and loyal, loving Agnes Wicklow. David navigates through a life fraught with hardships and challenges, unexpected joys and even love.
Charles Dickens' Collector's Set: Bleak House / The Old...
$40.22 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 89 ratings.
Based on 89 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
3-2-1 Penguins: The Amazing Carnival of Complaining (DVD)(20)
$7.98 on SALE
4 Film Favorites: Martial Arts Collection (Rumble in the... (DVD)(2)
$6.98 on SALE
The Graduate (Decades Collection) (Includes CD) (DVD)(270)
$3.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Leeches (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Peter Gunn - Best of Season 1 (2-DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE