- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 9, 2001
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
While aiding a group of local vigilantes trying to bust an international drug ring, a police lieutenant uncovers evidence that ties the police department to organized crime. His discovery, and subsequent investigation, leads him into grave danger.
In the final chapter of the Virgil Tibbs trilogy, the homicide detective confronts an international drug cartel.
Embittered by the effects of drug addiction on their loved ones, a group of young rebels form an anti-drug movement. They stage a heist of $5,000,000 worth of heroin hidden in a furniture factory -- a front for a drug syndicate. When a factory manager turns up dead, Tibbs is called in to investigate.
- Film was originally rated PG. In 1996, it was re-rated PG-13.