- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 24, 2000
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Larry Cohen - Director
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 09/27/1985
"...THE STUFF mostly is amusing....It is a Pop Art piece, what Andy Warhol's art was to the soup can..."
Variety - 08/21/1985
"...[The film] seems to fly right out of the '50s horror genre. It also has an underlying humor about it..."
A new ice cream-like product becomes immensely popular, taking the entire country by storm. Finding their livelihood threatened, a group of ice cream moguls employ an industrial saboteur (Moriarty) to uncover the creamy sensation's ultrasecret formula. Teamed with a fallen cookie entrepreneur, he learns that, although it doesn't have any calories, the stuff possesses one highly undesirable side-effect; it turns people into murderous zombies. With time running out, the two must wrest the world from the grip of this deadly delight. High camp humor is employed to the extreme in this schlock classic from genre guru Cohen.