Strangers on a Train (2-DVD Special Edition)
|You Save:||$17 (63% Off)|
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1951
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- A HITCHCOCK CLASSIC
- THE VICTIM'S P.O.V.
- STRANGERS ON A TRAIN by M. Night Shymalan
- THE HITCHCOCK'S ON HITCH
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Farley Granger & Robert Walker|
|Performer:||Ruth Roman, Leo G. Carroll, Patricia Hitchcock, Laura Elliot, Marion Lorne & Jonathan Hale|
|Directed by||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Edited by||William H. Ziegler|
|Written by||Raymond Chandler|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Produced by||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Director of Photography:||Robert Burks|
"...STRANGERS ON A TRAIN remains a timeless treat, a marvelous display of Hitchcock's absolute mastery of his medium and a deliciously dark comedy as well..."
"...Walker is spine-chilling....With intense attention to detail and award-winning photography, this is Hitchcock at his best..."
"[A] first-rate thriller with odd little kinks now and then. It proceeds, as Hitchcock's films so often do, with a sense of private scores being settled just out of sight."
"STRANGERS is one of Hitch's best."
"Alfred Hitchcock launched his richest period with this rousing adaptation..."
- Hitchcock cameo: See Hitch boarding the train with a double bass, echoing the duality theme that is prevalent throughout the film.
- The film is based on the Patricia Highsmith novel STRANGERS ON A TRAIN.
- Hitchcock paid $7,500 dollars for the rights to the novel.
- Patricia Hitchcock, the director's only daughter, is featured in a supporting role.
- When Hitchcock could not sign William Holden for the role of the tennis pro, Farley Granger was hired instead.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 154 ratings.
I just love this movie. I've watched it many, many times. I never tire of it. The cast is top notch. His daughter Patricia does a fine job as Farley Granger's sister. I especially like the way he shows the murder. The ending is crazy good. Great movie. Check out the suspenseful "Shadow of a Doubt."