- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 4 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: November 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Classic Stand-Up Footage From Sandler & Rogen
- Over 35 Minutes of Deleted & Extended Scenes!
- Collector's Edition Bonus Features
- Deleted Scenes
- Extended & Alternate Scenes
- More Gag Reel
- Funny People Diaries- A Documentary In 4 Parts
- "Yo-Teach!" - Episode and Behind-the-Scenes
- Raaaaaaaandy! Documentary
- The Films of George Simmons
- Adam Sandler's Prank Phone Call
- Feature Commentary with Director Judd Apatow, Adam Sandler & Seth Rogen
- Gag Reel
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 07/24/2009
"The film is outstanding at observing the interplay and competitiveness among three roommates....There's plenty to savor, beginning with SAndler's performance."
Box Office - 07/29/2009
4.5 stars out of 5 -- "This comedy about comedians, mistakes and mortality is as constantly engaging and reliably hilarious as you'd expect from Apatow..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/29/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "The thing about FUNNY PEOPLE is that it's a real movie. That means carefully written dialogue and carefully placed supporting performances -- and it's about something."
New York Times - 07/31/2009
"The stand-up scenes, with their bad lighting and air of flop-sweat, have the sting of truth....[Adam Sandler is] the movie's biggest draw and its most effective and powerful presence."
USA Today - 07/31/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "[M]ost will probably be riveted by its twists and turns and interactions of its complex characters....If you let yourself be transported along for the leisurely ride, the experience is, at times, even sublime."
A.V. Club - 07/30/2009
"[T]remendously funny....The films Apatow writes and directs double as moral inquiries." -- Grade: B
Premiere - 07/29/2009
"It works because it doesn't feel like it is trying to be funny...as a result it really is."
Rolling Stone - 07/30/2009
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "It's the work of a major talent. Apatow scores by crafting the film equivalent of a stand-up routine that encompasses the joy, pain, anger, loneliness and aching doubt that go into making an audience laugh."
Movieline - 07/29/2009
"Apatow has fully realized his perspective on the world....Apatow is at his best in letting the exchanges between the men rest for several cumulative, complicated beats longer than he has before..."
Total Film - 08/11/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "FUNNY PEOPLE is Apatow's best yet, an artistic triumph worthy of awards."
Judd Apatow rounds up the usual suspects--Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Leslie Mann, and Jonah Hill--for his third feature as a director. In FUNNY PEOPLE, a popular comedian comes far closer to death than he had every imagined. The comedy also stars Eric Bana, Jason Schwartzman, and RZA.
Comedians / Comediennes |
Love Triangle |
Movie Stars |
Standup Comedians |