Body of Song
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$11 (65% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Yep Roc Records
Spin - p.103"[With] one of his most sublimely sincere songs, '(Shine Your) Light Love Hope,' which uses a filtered vocal and high-hat dance beat to get your heart pounding." - Grade: B-
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1003 stars out of 5 - "The result is a guitar album, for definite....There's balance in the romance department...bringing a satisfying emotional evenness to BODY OF SONG as an overall listen."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Circles
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Light Love Hope (Shine Your)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Paralyzed
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Am Vision, I Am Sound
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Underneath Days
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Always Tomarrow
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Days of Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Best Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes9.High Fidelity
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Missing You
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Gauze of Friendship
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Beating Heart the Prize
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bob Mould (vocals, guitar, keyboards, loops); Bob Mould (bass instrument, programming); David Barbe (bass instrument); Amy Domingues (cello); Matt Hammon, Brendan Canty (drums).
Audio Mixer: Bob Mould.
Photographers: Todd Franson; Lisa Pearl.
Where does one go after fronting one of the most influential American rock bands of the post-'70s era? How does one remain occupied after helping determine the sound and shape of alternative rock in the '80s, '90s, and 2000s? If the person is Bob Mould (whose group Husker Du is the mystery band referred to above; his follow-up band, the razory punk-pop act Sugar, wasn't too shabby either), he records solo albums. From the introspective acoustic-scapes of 1989's WORKBOOK to the electronic tendencies of 2002's MODULATE, Mould has continually pushed past the shadow of his legacy, venturing into new directions while still maintaining his mercurial rock edge.
2005's BODY OF SONG bears many of the hallmarks of Mould's best work. The programming touches from previous efforts can still be heard, but the massive, guitar-dominated, full-band sound recalls Sugar circa COPPER BLUE (and there is a similarly metallic, full-saturation production style). As anyone familiar with Mould will expect, the songs are quite sharp too: they overflow with memorable, melodic hooks, introspective lyrics, and full-throttle passion. From the thunderous opener "Circles" through the plaintively confessional "Days of Rain" to "Beating Heart the Prize," the surging closer, BODY OF SONG is a welcome return to form for this rock icon.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Danny & The Juniors Greatest Hits (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis The Best of Johnny Mathis (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Crickets The Crickets Story (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE