Robyn Hitchcock I Often Dream of Trains [Yep Roc]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.96 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.02 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Yep Roc Records
- 1.Nocturne (Prelude)
- 2.Sometimes I Wish I Was a Pretty Girl
- 4.Uncorrected Personality Traits
- 5.Sounds Great When You're Dead
- 6.Flavour of Night
- 7.Ye Sleeping Knights of Jesus
- 8.This Could Be the Day
- 9.Trams of Old London
- 10.Furry Green Atom Bowl
- 11.Heart Full of Leaves
- 12.Autumn Is Your Last Chance
- 13.I Often Dream of Trains
- 14.Nocturne (Demise)
- 15.Winter Live
- 16.The Bones in the Ground
- 17.My Favourite Buildings
- 18.I Used to Say I Love You
- 19.Chant / Aether
- 20.Heart Full of Leaves - (Alternate)
- 21.I Often Dream of Trains - (Demo)
- 22.Not Even a Nurse
- 23.Slow Chant / That's Fantastic Mother Church
- 24.Traveller's Fare
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This reissue of I OFTEN DREAM OF TRAINS includes five songs that weren't on the original album but were added as bonus tracks to the first CD release in 1986, as well as five previously-unreleased demos.
Personnel: Robyn Hitchcock (vocals, various instruments); James Fletcher (saxophone); Chris Cox (bass, background vocals); James A. Smith (background vocals).
Producer: Robyn Hitchcock.
Reissue producer: Jim Neill.
Engineers include: Pat Collier, Iain O'Higgins, Pascal Gabriel.
Recorded at Alaska Studios and Smithsound, London, England; Simon Kunath's Barn, Sussex, England between 1981 and 1984. Originally released in the U.K. on Midnight Music (00.05). Includes liner notes by Grant Alden.
Personnel: James Fletcher (saxophone).
Recording information: London, England (1984).
Robyn Hitchcock retreated from the music world for a couple years after recording GROOVY DECAY (later issued in altered form as GROOVY DECOY, and finally as GRAVY DECO, which culled together all of the tracks). When he reemerged in 1984 it was clear that he had found a personal voice he'd only hinted at previously. Throughout the record, the spotlight shines brightly on Hitchcock's unique songwriting and performance style.
There is a gorgeous immediacy to the entire work. From the opening piano instrumental, "Nocturne," Hitchcock is gently and gracefully orchestrating the mood of the proceedings. The album closes with a reprise of the same piece, bookending the record, like secret doors into a world suffused with both romanticism and weariness. I OFTEN DREAM OF TRAINS was Hitchcock's first monumental peak and is an essential title in his large catalog of fine works.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE