Robyn Hitchcock Black Snake Diamond Role [Yep Rock]
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.76 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 16, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Yep Roc Records
Melody Maker - 7/8/95, p.34"...thoroughly Home Counties, Syd Barrett-inspired songs sporting reptile heads and porcupine quills...deserves a shrine within the tiny pantheon of excellent post-Sixties acid rock..."
- 1.The Man Who Invented Himself
- 2.Brenda's Iron Sledge
- 3.Do Policeman Stag?
- 4.The Lizard
- 6.Acid Bird
- 7.I Watch the Cars
- 8.Out of the Picture
- 9.City of Shame
- 11.All I Wanna Do Is Fall in Love
- 12.A Skull Suitcasend a Long Red Bottle of Wine
- 13.It Was the Night
- 14.I Watch the Cars No. 2
- 15.Give Me a Spanner Ralph
- 16.It's a Mystic Trip
- 17.Grooving on a Inner Plane
- 18.Happy the Golden Prince
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The reissue of BLACK SNAKE DIAMOND ROLE includes five songs not included on the original LP release.
Personnel: Robyn Hitchcock (vocals, piano, bass, guitar); James A. Smith (vocals); Kimberly Rew, Knox (guitar); Gary Barnacle (saxophone); Thomas Dolby (keyboards); Matthew Seligman (bass); Morris Windsor (drums, background vocals); Vince Ely (drums); Robb Appleton, Howie Gilbert (background vocals).
Producers: Pat Collier, Matthew Seligman, Robyn Hitchcock.
Reissue producer: Jim Neill.
Engineers: Pat Collier, Andy Llewellyn, Jo Julian.
Originally released in the U.K. on Armageddon (4). Includes liner notes by Grant Alden.
Personnel: Robyn Hitchcock (guitar, harmonica, piano); James A. Smith (vocals, hand claps); Kimberley Rew, Knox (guitar); Thomas Dolby (keyboards); Morris Windsor (drums, background vocals); Vince Ely (drums); Howie Gilbert (background vocals).
Recording information: Alaska, London, England (1980-1981); Music Works, London, England (1980-1981); The Barge, London, England (1980-1981).
Photographer: Rosalind Kunath.
This is Robyn Hitchcock's first solo album, though it has strong sonic links with efforts by his previous group The Soft Boys, who had disbanded just prior to this recording. The Soft Boys' artistically triumphant UNDERWATER MOONLIGHT bore no commercial rewards (they were unable to even find a US label to pick it up) and the band split. All of the band members play on this album, though the overall sound is noticeably not that of The Soft Boys. There's a bit less raucous tumble in the arrangements and production. That said, this is a solid album full of numbers which have become Hitchcock classics, including "The Man Who Invented Himself," "Brenda's Iron Sledge," and "I Watch The Cars."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE