- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioning
- Subtitles - French - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 08/11/1977
"...[Foster and Jacoby] share an easy camarderie and a number of genial, even heart-warming moments..."
Total Film - 12/01/2008
4 stars out of 5 -- "Foster shows wisdom as the woman-child at the centre of this intriguing web of wrongness."
A young girl pretends that her father is away in order to hide the fact that he is actually dead. A haunting drama with a surprising climax.
In the house down the lane, a very strange 13-year-old girl resides. Alone. She won't let anyone down into the basement, which might be connected to the fact that no one has seen her father lately. Then there's the neighborhood child molester, who won't give the girl any peace...