|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Brigitte Bardot - A Biography ~ $22.98
- The Burning Hills (Widescreen) ~ $14.39 (Save 20%)
- Catlow ~ $10.45
- The Quick and the Dead ~ $5.21
- Treasure of Ruby Hills ~ $5.04
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sean Connery & Brigitte Bardot|
|Performer:||Stephen Boyd, Jack Hawkins, Peter van Eyck, Honor Blackman, Woody Strode, Eric Sykes, Alexander Knox & Valerie French|
|Directed by||Edward Dmytryk|
|Screenwriting by||J.J. Griffith, Hal Hopper & Scott Finch|
|Composition by||Robert Farnon|
|Story by||Louis L'Amour|
|Produced by||Euan Lloyd|
In late-19th-century New Mexico, a hunting party of decadent European aristocrats wanders onto the reservation of some angry Apaches, and it's up to the mysterious wanderer, Shalako (Sean Connery), to save them from getting slaughtered. The group includes Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore in GOLDFINGER) as the sexually restless Lady Bagget and Brigette Bardot as the sharp shooting Countess Lazaar, who (of course) falls for Shalako. It's an unusual blend of wide-open Western action and European character intrigue as the decadent aristocrats sip champagne and flirt with their unwashed, treacherous cowboy guides. Veteran director Edward Dmytryk keeps the flaming arrows flying while Connery and Bardot hold attention in this weird hybrid of American Western and European art film. (Yes, Bardot has a seminude bathing scene.) SHALAKO, based on the novel by Louis L'Amour, was filmed almost entirely outdoors amid the dark gray landscapes of Almeria, Spain, in a style undoubtedly indebted to the Sergio Leone spaghetti Westerns of the time.
Sean Connery put his dashing James Bond image behind him to portray Shalako, a wild west adventurer in this adaptation of Louis L'Amour's novel.
- SHALAKO premiered in Munich, Germany, on September 26th, 1968.
- Although the action takes place in New Mexico, the film was shot on location in Almeria, Spain.
- The voice of Jack Hawkins, who had undergone surgery for his throat cancer prior to production, was dubbed in by British actor Charles Gray.
- SHALAKO was producer Euan Lloyd's first feature film outing in that capacity. The production was financed through 36 independent distribution entities from around the world.
- Rodd Redwing and Chief Elmer Smith acted as technical advisers during production.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Easy Money (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE