Tony Bennett Who Can I Turn To
|You Save:||$3.99 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Tony Bennett ~ The Art of Excellence ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Tony Bennett ~ The Art of Romance ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Tony Bennett ~ I Wanna Be Around ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Tony Bennett ~ The Movie Song Album ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Tony Bennett ~ Only the Best of Tony Bennett (4-CD) ~ $22.98 (Save 21%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Sony BMG Music CS-9805 (A-61362) (1964)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A budget-priced reissue of Tony Bennett's classic 1964 album, "Who Can I Turn To."
- 1.Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me)
- 2.Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away)
- 3.There's A Lull In My Life
- 4.Autumn Leaves
- 5.I Walk A Little Faster
- 6.The Brightest Smile In Town
- 7.I've Never Seen
- 8.Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
- 9.Listen, Little Girl
- 10.Got The Gate On The Golden Gate
- 11.Waltz For Debby
- 12.The Best Thing To Be Is A Person
Personnel: Tony Bennett (vocals); George Siravo (conductor); Mundell Lowe, Al Caiola, Wally Richardson (guitar); Gene Orloff (concertmaster); George Ockner, Tosha Samaroff, Aaron Rosand, Arnold Eidus, Julius Schacter, Paul Gershman, Leo Kruczek, Joe Malin, Harry Lookofsky, Leo Kahn, Arthur Bogin, Harry Katzman, Max Pollikoff, Harry Urbont, Manny Green, Sol Shapiro, Peter Dimitriades, Carmel Malin (violin); David Mankovitz, Al Brown, Calman Fleisig, Harold Furmansky (viola); George Ricci, Charles McCraken, George Koutzen, Peter Makas, Avron Twerdowsky, Marice Brown, Tony Sophos (cello); Gloria Agostini (harp); Ray Beckenstein, Romeo Benque, Leon Cohen, Irving Horowitz (winds); Earl Chapin, James Buffington, Richard Berg, Arty Derosa, Ralph Froelich, Brooks Tillotson (French horn); Sonny Russo, Billy Byers, Bill Elton, Bart Varsalona (trombone); Teddy Sommer (percussion).
The Ralph Sharon Trio: Ralph Sharon (piano); Hal Gaylord (bass); Billy Exiner (drums).
Reissue producer: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recorded at CBS 30th Street Studios, New York between August and October 1964. Originally released as Columbia Records (CL 2285). Includes original release liner notes by Richard Maltby, Jr.
This is part of Columbia Records' Tony Bennett Master series.
Personnel: Tony Bennett (vocals); The Ralph Sharon Trio.
Arranger: George Sivaro.
1964's follow-up to the seminal I WANNA BE AROUND, WHO CAN I TURN TO continues the established Bennett tradition of mixing a few choice standards with some little-known songs to delight the cogniscenti plus a show-stopping hit to tie it all together. Deliciously medium-slow versions of "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams" and "Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea" fill the the first category easily. Then there are songs like Cy Coleman and Carolyn Leigh's "I Walk A Little Faster," Fran Landesman and Tommy Wolf‘s "Listen, Little Girl," the debut of Bill Evans' "Waltz For Debby" with Gene Lees' lyrics, an excerpt from Mel Torme's CALIFORNIA SUITE--all these serve to mark this release as an unusual one in the Bennett canon. You know the singer agrees, since this is another in the Tony Bennett Master Series hand-picked by Bennett himself.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,900
- UPC: 090431809020
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Pop Vocal: Show Vocals Music Categories:
- Karen Akers Feels Like Home (CD) ~ $12.58
- Karen Akers Unchained Melodies (CD) ~ $12.58
Joanna Ampil Joanna Ampil (CD) ~
$18.33 Super Savings
- Julie Andrews Broadway: The Music of Richard Rodgers (CD) ~ $17.08
- Julie Andrews / Carol Burnett The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at Lincoln Center (2-CD) ~ $13.57