Joan Baez Blowin' Away
|You Save:||$2.99 (37% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Epic EK-34697 (1977)
Description by OLDIES.com:
A budget-priced reissue of Joan Baez's 1977 album, "Blowin' Away." All original recordings.
- 2.Many A Mile To Freedom
- 4.Yellow Coat
- 5.Time Rag
- 6.A Heartfelt Line Or Two
- 7.I'm Blowin' Away
- 8.Luba The Baroness
- 9.Alter Boy And The Thief
- 10.Cry Me A River
Personnel: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar, synthesized strings); Elliott Randall, Dean Parks (acoustic & electric guitars); David Mansfield (steel guitar, violin, mandolin); Jeff Baxter (steel guitar); Tom Scott (saxophone); Larry Knechtel (piano, keyboards); Joe Sample, Malcolm Cecil (keyboards); Duck Dunn, Wilton Felder (bass); Rick Shlosser, Jim Gordon (drums); Mike Borts (percussion).
Recorded at Cherokee Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California.
Joan Baez first became known for her unique voice, then her political beliefs, and finally for her songwriting skill. On BLOWIN' AWAY, the sensitive, outspoken singer opens her heart to the listener with lyrics that look back at her career and her personal life. Her first record for CBS, this album documents the singer's professional travails, as well as her failed marriage.
On "Time Rag," Baez laments, "Rippin' along towards middle age/and my music career kinda missed a page/record sales began to drop." On her own composition "Miracles," which may be the highlight of the album, she writes with a kind of poetic dolefulness, "Look around you and you will see/everyone has a small franchise on misery." The Queen Of Folk is in great form on BLOWIN' AWAY. Her singing is marked by variations in texture and mood, as well as by shades of humor and irony, and she even dabbles with a quasi-jazz setting on "Cry Me a River."
Jim KweskinGarden of Joy (Featuring Geoff And Maria Muldaur) / Jim... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,670
- UPC: 090431808924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Folk Rock Music Categories:
- Jerry Alfred Etsi Shon (Grandfather Song) (CD) ~ $16.18
- Eric Andersen Avalanche (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Eric Andersen Vanguard Visionaries (CD) ~ $10.78
- Joan Armatrading Love & Affection: The Very Best of Joan Armatrading (CD) ~ $8.98 LABOR DAY
- Asylum Street Spankers Hot Lunch (CD) ~ $12.49 LABOR DAY
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY