- Released: February 17, 2004
- Label: Cleopatra
- 1.I Ran (So Far Away)
- 2.Space Age Love Song
- 4.The More You Live More You Love
- 6.Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)
- 8.Messages - (Exclusive remix)
- 9.I Ran (So Far Away) - (Die Krupps Remix, Die Krupps remix)
- 10.Space Age Love Song - (Guenter Schultz Remix, Guenter Schultz remix)
- 11.Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You) - (Shutter Speed Remix, Shutter Speed remix)
- 12.I Ran (So Far Away) - (Shah of the Dance Remix, Shah Of The Dance remix)
- 13.Space Age Love Song - (Major Tom Remix, Major Tom remix)
A Flock Of Seagulls includes: Ali Score, Mike Score, Chris Chryssaphis.
Includes liner notes by Dave Thompson.
Liner Note Authors: Dave Thompson ; Ken Tighe.
A Flock of Seagulls were the missing link between Gary Numan and Duran Duran. The Liverpool, England, new wave scenesters captured the faux-science fiction vibe of the '80s with echo-laden rock anthems, chilly love songs, and a unique, post-glam fashion sense. For their tenth "greatest hits" package -- one was an album of remixes -- they offer their fans a vanity project. Flock leader Mike Score, who from the looks of the cover art had spent the last few years immersed in endless games of Grand Theft Auto and Miami Vice reruns, has re-recorded nine of the group's best-loved tracks for the deceptively titled I Ran: The Best Of. His reverence for the material is obvious, as nary a note nor drum fill has been altered from the originals. The prototypes were classic decade-rendered snapshots of forward-thinking pop that transcended much of the garbage being thrown back into the cupboards of the mid-'80s Top 40 charts, and to hear them in their new state takes some getting used to. While the melodies remain infectious, some of the wonder is gone, making this exercise in nostalgia hard to recommend to the casual fan. ~ James Christopher Monger