Dory Previn Live At Carnegie Hall
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Dory Previn ~ Mythical Kings and Iguanas / Reflections in a Mud Puddle ~ $17.99
- by Dory Previn ~ We're Children of Coincidence And Harpo Marx ~ $5.98 (Save 54%)
- Released: February 16, 2009
- Label: DRG
- 1.Mythical Kings and Iguanas
- 2.Scared to Be Alone
- 3.I Ain't His Child
- 4.I Dance and Dance and Smile and Smile
- 5.Esther's First Communion
- 6.The Veterans Big Parade / Play It Again Sam
- 7.Don't Put Him Down
- 8.Yada Yada la Scala
- 9.The Lady With the Braid
- 10.The Midget's Lament
- 11.Left Hand Lost
- 12.When a Man Wants a Woman
- 13.Angels and Devils the Following Day
- 14.Mary C. Brown and the Hollywood Sign
- 15.Be Careful, Baby, Be Careful
- 16.Twenty-Mile Zone
- 17.Michael Michael
- 18.Moon Rock
- 19.Going Home (Mythical Kings and Iguanas)
Personnel includes: Dory Previn (vocals); Robert Wachtel (acoustic & electric guitars, dobro); Peter Jameson (6- & 12-string guitars); Tom Keene (piano, harpsichord); Bryan Garofalo (bass).
Recorded live at Carnegie Hall, New York, New York on April 18, 1973.
Includes liner notes by Paul Pelletier.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This mid-'70s double album trawls through the highlights of Dory Previn's four previous works, with two new songs added. The material on Live at Carnegie Hall is enriched by audience reaction and occasional raucous laughter, rather than the playing, which is competent but staid in parts. It is certainly gratifying to hear an artist so clearly nervous eliciting such a warm and enthusiastic response, but that aside, there's nothing that makes these renditions any better or worse than their studio counterparts. But Previn's guileless, untutored voice is a touching instrument live, and the between-song chat is witty and affecting. Of the two new songs, "Be Careful, Baby, Be Careful" is the best -- a cabaret-style ballad in which she sings, "Kick a person when she's up/And you can break her spirit you know/But kick a person when she's down/And all you'll break is your toe." ~ Charles Donovan
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE