- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 1948
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1948 -
Best Original Song: Jay Livingston & Ray Evans
"Paleface" features Bob Hope in what is considered by many to be his best film role. He plays a cowardly dentist who hides behind the skirts of beautiful Calamity Jane (Jane Russell). Academy Awards: Best Song ("Buttons and Bows").
Western spoof about cowardly dentist "Painless" Peter Potter who is drawn into a Government operation to track down gun smugglers when he falls for beautiful gunfighter Calamity Jane.
- Stars Bob Hope and Jane Russell reappeared in the Frank Tashlin-directed sequel, "Son of Paleface" (1952).
- Remade with Don Knotts in 1968 as "The Shakiest Gun in the West."
- Additional cast: Jeff York (Joe), Wade Crosby (Jeb), John Maxwell (Village Gossip), Frank Hagney (Greg), and Skelton Knaggs (Pete).
- Filmed in Technicolor.