- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 56 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 20, 2006
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: The Story of Frenzy
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Stills/Photos: Production Photographs
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I say, that's not my club tie, is it'"
- Politician, being pulled away after the discovery of a woman's body with a necktie around her throat
"You can inform Mrs. Blaney that one of her less successful exercises in matrimony has come to see her: Mr. Blaney."
- Richard Blaney (Jon Finch), announcing himself to his wife's receptionist
"I expect she'll turn up sooner or later. These days, ladies abandon their honor far more readily than their clothes."
- Chief Inspector Oxford (Alec McCowen) to pub operator Felix Forsythe (Bernard Cribbins)
"No, discretion is not traditionally the strong suit of the psychopath, dear. Believe me, that's what we're dealing with. You ought to read his wife's divorce petition." (Chief Inspector Oxford to his wife)
Essential Cinema |
Murder Investigations |
Serial Killers |
Theatrical Release |
- Hitchcock cameo: The director can be seen wearing a bowler hat in the center of a crowd three minutes into the film.
- The film is based on Arthur La Bern's novel GOODBYE PICCADILLY, FAREWELL LEICESTER SQUARE.
- Filmed at Pinewood Studios in Iver Heath and on location in London, England.
- The film's budget was less than $2 million.
- At the time Hitchcock was filming FRENZY he told Truffaut that THE LODGER was the one film he would really like to do over, because of its powerful story line.