- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 4, 2001
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/10/1993
"...[Silverman and McCarthy] are back as gung-ho Abbott and Costello-like sidekicks....[The joke] is kept fresh..."
Variety - 02/15/1993
This sequel to the hit comedy "Weekend at Bernie's" opens the day after the original film ended. Insurance executives Larry and Richard return to the office after their madcap weekend to find that their employers suspect them of having helped the dead Bernie embezzle $2 million from the company. Larry and Richard's attempt to prove themselves innocent sets off a series of increasingly ludicrous events, which involve stealing Bernie's body from the morgue and spiriting it off to the Virgin Islands. There Larry and Rich utilize the services of the local voodoo priestess to raise Bernie from the dead -- with unexpected and hilarious results.
Black Comedy |
Scams And Cons |
- Filmed in Panavision on location in the US Virgin Islands and New York City. Shooting began March 14, 1992.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional music credits: "Island Girl" written by Toriano Edwards and Clarence Edwards; "Momma Let Go," "Kumm a Klele," and "Ocean Blue" also written by Ina Wolf.
- "Weekend at Bernie's II" is a sequel to the 1989 hit "Weekend at Bernie's," a sleeper which grossed $35 million at the summer box office and was a smash on video and pay cable. Lead actor Andrew McCarthy, Jonathan Silverman and Terry Kiser, director/writer Robert Klane and producer Victor Drai all were involved in the original movie.