Cars - Great Cars: Chevrolet - The Hot Ones, '55-'57 Chevy / Corvette
|CYBER SALE:||$4.89 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$15.10 (76% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Questar
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Biography of a sports car
- Chevrolet Thunder: The marque of Monterey
- Corvette prep for Sebring
- Corvette at Sebring Race Day
- Camaro design
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Cars have changed the way we live, love, work, eat, play, and rock &'roll. The stories of these remarkable machines and the people who created them are a fascinating chapter in American pop history. A fast-paced cruise across the decades in an American Classic!
Corvette - The 1953 Corvette quenched the thirst of post-Korean War consumers for the first quintessential "American sports car." Aiming to outdo the haute Euro design of the MG and Jaguar, Chevy Design VP Harley Earl found his inspiration in fiberglass speedboats of the Great Lakes. Corvette's design team used the malleable new material to create never-before-possible lines and curves. The result turned heads: the pearl-white roadster with fire red interior, rocketship taillights, and a jet-inspired cockpit. By the late 50s, models topped 150 MPH, making it the performance leader of American sports cars.
The Corvette's sporty image was shored up by Sting Ray and continued future-forward design updates spanning its five decade history as one of the world's sleekest high performance machines. Generations have fallen in love with their Corvettes and this program details that decades-long affair.
Chevrolet (1955-57) - In 1955, Chevrolet's "Hot One" burst on the scene with a flurry of fins and chrome. Though a masterpiece of design, the car's big news was the ferocious small block V8. These models transformed Chevy's old, stodgy image to one of youth, speed, and vigor, trumping American rivals Ford and Chrysler.
Decades after the "Mighty Mouse" made its mark on Detroit, the heart of this legendary engine can still be felt in millions of race cars, boats, fork lifts, and, of course, Chevrolets. Featuring footage of the annual Woodward Dream Cruise event, this program asks experts and enthusiasts alike about the lasting impact of the "Hot One" and its signature V8.
Chevrolet Bonus Features: Biography of a Sports Car; Chevrolet Thunder: The Marque of Monterey Corvette Prep for Sebring Corvette at Sebring Race Day Camaro Design.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Babes Behind Bars (DVD) ~ $9.41 CYBER SALE
- Cinderella (DVD-R) ~ $9.41 CYBER SALE
- The Dictator (DVD) ~ $5.40 CYBER SALE
- Cary Grant - Signature Collection (Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer / Destination Tokyo / My Favorite Wife / Night And Day / Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House) (5-DVD) ~ $44.37 CYBER SALE
- The Boris Karloff Collection: Night Key / Tower of London / The Climax / The Strange Door / The Black Castle (3-DVD) ~ $18.70 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Documentaries genre:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Deep Throat: Full Story of Watergate (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Buried Secrets: Cold Cases Uncovered (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- NBC News - Inside Evil: Serial Killers Jeffrey Dahmer & Son of Sam (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- Lost Cold War Propaganda Cartoons (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 CYBER SALE