- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 13, 2003
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Steve McQueen is Buzz Rickson, a B17 pilot during WWII. Rickson's brashness serves him well during wartime, but he finds that he feels out of place during everyday civilian life. His more mild-mannered co-pilot, Bo Bolland (Robert Wagner), however, lives only to get through the war to resume his life with his girl, Daphne (Shirley Anne Field). This wartime character study is based on a novel by John Hersey, who also wrote the screenplay.
Adapted from John Hersey's novel about a cold, unfeeling pilot running bombing raids over Germany in 1943. His love of war and destruction reach into his personal life as he tries to steal his co-pilot's girlfriend.
- Additional cast: Gary Cockrell (Lynch) and Robert Easton (Handown).