- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary:
- Jenniphr Goodman - DIRECTOR
- Donal Logue - STAR
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 08/01/2000
"...Marvelously played by [Logue]....This sharply observed film makes an involving tale..."
USA Today - 08/04/2000
"...[A] quirky, winning sleeper..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
New York Times - 08/04/2000
"...[Mr. Logue gives a] winning performance..."
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2001
"...Pleasant....Logue does a fine job..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/04/2000
"...Sparkling and irresistible....A movie that's as unafraid of proclaiming its smarts as it is of wearing its heart on its sleeve..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/18/2000
"...An easygoing but bright comedy that focuses on Logue's effortless charm. It creates the feeling of settling in comfortably with old friends..."
Dex (Donal Logue) is a loveable kindergarten teacher who has extraordinary success with women, and a sexual appetite to match. Women go crazy for him, and men admire his finely-tuned romantic philosophy. The only woman who is not wooed by his charms is Syd (Greer Goodman), an old college friend. THE TAO OF STEVE is a light and spunky romantic comedy directed by Jenniphr Goodman. The film, and Logue's role in it, got the Outstanding Performance Special Jury Prize at Sundance 2000.
- Theatrical Release: August 4, 2000 (LA/NY)
- THE TAO OF STEVE was shot on location in New Mexico.
- For THE TAO OF STEVE movie posters, Sony Picture Classics used the body of Mike Schank from the AMERICAN MOVIE poster and substituted actor Donal Logue's head. Though some jewelry was removed and a little girth was added, Sony confirmed that the body in the poster belongs to Mike Schank.
- Donal Logue gained over 25 pounds to play the role of Dex.