- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 25, 1998
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 04/29/1988
"...It's both an affectionate valentine to the movies and a Raymond Chandler-esque murder mystery....There are fine performances -- especially Garner's -- and Edwards gives the film a great, voluptuously comic look..."
In Hollywood of the 1920s, Tom Mix (Bruce Willis), Hollywood's biggest cowboy star, has been hired to play Wyatt Earp. Earp (James Garner) has been hired as a technical expert. The two collide and inadvertently become a vivid backdrop for a shocking murder mystery. Academy Award Nominations: Best Costume Design.
Gunslinging lawman Wyatt Earp meets cowboy star Tom Mix on a film set in Hollywood, circa 1929. This film-within-a-film farce has the Mix playing the famous marshal in one of the first Western talkies with Earp on hand for technical advice. Meanwhile both men team up to solve a mystery involving the murder of a notorious madam.
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed in Panavision and Technicolor.
- A Hudson Hawk production.