- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - Spanish
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast/Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A police sergeant goes up against an evil electronics whiz in this fast-paced, futuristic thriller.
Ramsey is a widowed cop trying to raise his young son, Bobby. Although he suffers from a fear of heights, this condition hasn't stopped him from becoming one of the best officers on the force. His specialty is tracking down robots that have gone bad, rebelling against their owners. And because machines have taken over many regular tasks -- even cooking -- in this futuristic society, there's always a need for Ramsey's services. Now, however, he has his toughest assignment yet.
Luther, a master criminal, is terrorizing the city by controlling robots everywhere to do his bidding. And, with the help of new, diabolical creations that include electronic spiders and heat-seeking, programmable bullets, Luther seems unstoppable.
Will Ramsey and Thompson, his new, female partner, be able to stop the villain'
Robots / Cyborgs |
Theatrical Release |
- Shot in Panavision. Color by Alpha; prints by Metrocolor.
- Released theatrically in USA on December 14, 1984.
- Additional credits: Broggie Elliott Animation (special robotic effects) and Robotic Systems Intl. (robotic spiders).
- Gene Simmons, leader of the rock group KISS, made his feature-film acting debut with this movie. (He had previously starred, along with his band, in the made-for-television movie "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park.")