- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 14, 1998
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 12/08/1988
"...A wild and wacky romantic comedy, rowdy and brash yet surprisingly tender....It makes the best use of Aykroyd's warmth and proven talents in quite some time..."
Celeste, a sexy extra-terrestrial spy, is assigned to seduce astrophysicist Steve Mills and enlist his aid in saving her planet. But when Mills' 13 year-old daughter catches her new stepmom snacking on flashlight batteries, Celeste's mission is suddenly in danger.
Beautiful alien Celeste arrives on Earth to convince scientist Dr. Steve Mills to continue his experiments, which provide the only hope for her home planet. Much to her surprise, Steve falls for her and they end up married, while Steve's daughter tries to make her blissfully unaware father see that Celeste is indeed an extraterrestrial.
- Actress Alyson Hannigan's feature-film debut.
- Screenwriter Jerico Weingrod had intended the film to be a dark allegory about child abuse when he originally pitched the project to Paramount in 1981, but somehow it ended up as a light comedy.
- Estimated budget $16 million.
- Shot in Los Angeles, California, beginning February 29, 1988.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- A presentation of Weintraub Entertainment Group.
- Released theatrically in North America December 9, 1988.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Copyright 1988 Weintraub Entertainment Group, Inc.