- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 18, 2002
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Johnny Stewart (Damon Wayans) is small time scam artist who seems to stay one step ahead of the cops and two months behind on his rent. When he lays eyes on beautiful credit card executive Amber Evans (Stacey Dash), he lies his way into a job in the company mailroom to get closer to her. Unfortunately, the mail room pays less than he is accustomed to, and when he gets involved in a credit card scam with the company's head of security, he gets in more trouble than he bargains for. This action/comedy/romance was also written by Wayans.
Con man Johnny Stewart decides to go straight after being saved from a jail term by Lieutenant Ray Walsh, his dead father's former partner. Despite his lack of enthusiasm for finding a "real" job, he applies for a position at the Dynasty Club Credit Card Company when he spies a beautiful woman on the street and discovers that she works there. He gets hired and pursues her, but he also gets more than he bargained for when he and his brother Seymour become involved in the investigation into an elaborate credit-card racket operating at the company.
- Stars Damon and Marlon Wayans are real-life brothers. Marlon was touted as the frontrunner for the role of "Robin" in "Batman Returns" before the part was eventually written out.
- Filmed in Chicago, Illinois. Filming began early July 1991; completed September 18, 1991. Opticals by Pacific Title. Title Design by Douy Swofford. Prints by Technicolor. Sound Dolby (Spectral Recording).
- Released in USA July 24, 1992. Released on video February 3, 1993.
- In addition those already listed in the Cast/Crew list, James Harris III and Terry Lewis co-wrote the following songs, which were produced by Lewis and Jimmy Jam: "Money Can't Buy You Love" "Mo' Money Groove" "Ice Cream Dream" "The Best Things in Life Are Free" " "A Job Ain't Nuthin' But Work" "My Dear" "I Adore You" "The New Style" "Let's Get Together (So Groovy Now)" "Forever Love" "Let's Just Run Away" "Brother Will".