- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Quit your whining! Get a life!"
- Dr. Jack Black (MARK HARMON) to a caller on his radio program
Los Angeles Times - 08/30/1995
"...[There] are some very good performances by Mark Harmon and by Joshua Jackson and Sarah Wayne..."
A troubled family gets a second chance when a mythical lake monster with a weakness for Oreo cookies befriends their lonely young daughter. Winner of the Award of Merit from the Academy of Family Films and Family Television.
When his ex-wife complains that he doesn't spend enough time with his family, radio psychiatrist Dr. Jack Black decides to take his children on holiday. They go to Glenorky, a Canadian resort with a special feature -- according to local legend, a creature named Orky lives in its lake. Jack's unhappy daughter Ashley becomes friendly with the monster who offers her some respite from her troubles. Then Jack gets a bump on the head, and he's instantly transformed into a kinder, sweeter dad. Could he be possessed by the spirit of Orky'
- The film won Canadian Genie Awards for Best Cinematography (Thomas Burstyn) and Best Overall Sound (Kelly Cole, Dean Giammarco, Michael McGee and Paul Sharpe).
- Shot on location in British Columbia.
- Co-produced by Pacific Motion Pictures (Canada) and Oxford Film Company.
- Additional cast: Adrien Dorvall, Thomas Cavanaugh, Garrett Bennett and Brian Finney.
- Additional crew: Anke Bakker (sound), Kelly Cole (sound), Dean Giammarco (sound), Michael McGee (sound), Paul Sharpe (sound) and Jack Hardy (assistant director).