- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 19, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Featurette: THE MAKING OF LOSER
- Music Video: Wheatus - "Teenage Dirtbag"
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Talent Files
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/21/2000
"...Ms. Heckerling [balances the film's] dark satirical tone with a lively lightheartedness....A brave and sincere effort..."
Amy Heckerling (CLUELESS, FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH) directs this romantic comedy starring Jason Biggs as Paul Tannek, a nerdy college freshman with a heart of gold, and Mena Suvari as Dora Diamond, the girl of his dreams. Small-town boy Paul goes to the big city to attend college with high hopes of fitting in and making friends. But from the start, he's fighting an uphill battle. His dorky hat and earnest mannerisms drive his cosmopolitan, ultra-hip roommates crazy, and he finds himself labeled a loser, kicked out of their dorm suite, and living in a room in a veterinary hospital. Meanwhile, Paul falls for Dora, a quirky free spirit who is having a clandestine affair with their professor, Edward Alcott (Greg Kinnear). Despite his feelings for her, Paul does his best to protect Dora from the fact that Alcott doesn't care about her nearly as much as she thinks he does. LOSER also includes brief cameo appearances by Dan Akroyd, David Spade, Andy Dick, Steven Wright, Andrea Martin, Colleen Camp, and Taylor Negron.
New York City |
- Theatrical Release Date: July 21, 2000
- Filmed in New York City and Toronto.
- The band Everclear performs in this film.