- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 4, 2005
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Subtitles - English, French - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Sony Pictures Previews
- "Be My Guest: Inside Daytime Talk Shows"
- "Live & On-Air: The Making of Little Black Book"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Everything seems to be falling into place for Stacy (Brittany Murphy). She's just landed a job as associate producer on Kippie Kann Do!, a local syndicated talk show, and she's now one step closer to realizing her dream of working with Diane Sawyer. Also, she's pretty sure that her beau Derek (Ron Livingston) is "the one," but she can't understand why he's commitment-phobic. Then a staffer on her show pitches an idea about how electronic "little black books" can be used to see if your mate is keeping secrets from you. Stacy's discovery that Derek failed to divulge a past relationship makes her wonder what else he might be hiding. With the help of an older, more experienced associate producer, Barb (Holly Hunter), Stacy begins to use Derek's Palm Pilot to investigate his exes. But when she develops a friendship with one of the women, Stacy begins to question not only what she has done, but also what she really wants. In the long run, Stacy gets much more than she bargained for as this slightly dark comedy takes some unexpected turns. Directed by Nick Hurran, the film features a soundtrack of classic Carly Simon tunes. Kathy Bates plays Kippie Kann.
- IN THEATRES: AUGUST 6, 2004