Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 6, 2010
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Note: Director Peter Jackson and visual effects artist Randall William Cook
- Ray Harryhausen with film historian Tony Dalton
- Original skeleton fight storyboards
- Interviews with Ray Harryhausen by John Landis
- Ray Harryhausen chronicles
- The harryhausen legacy
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 03/30/2004
"[T]he movie rocks for 90 minutes....[With] a finale that may be Harryhausen's single most delightful scene: swordplay with skeletons."
Wall Street Journal - 06/05/2009
"Ray Harryhausen has created so much great stop-motion animation for so many marvelous movies that it's impossible to say which is the best, or the best-loved. This one ranks right up there..."
Premiere - 07/06/2010
3 stars out of 4 -- "[T]his is a major achievement in film-making, showcasing Ray Harryhausen's groundbreaking effects....In 1963 it was unlike anything ever seen before on screen."
Empire - 09/01/2010
5 stars out of 5 -- "Harryhausen's masterpiece....[A] high watermark of fantasy-action cinema."
Greek mythology comes to life in this exciting film adaptation of the story of Jason's quest for the Golden Fleece. Ray Harryhausen's special effects in this picture are legendary, especially a sword fight between three live actors and seven skeletons. Loosely based on the Argonautica of Apollonius of Rhodes (c. 250 B.C.).
Adventure fantasy film based on the Greek mythic legend of Jason's quest for the Golden Fleece. To achieve his goal, Jason must navigate his ship, the Argo, past an array of mythological obstacles.
Ancient World |
Classic Fight Scenes |
Essential Cinema |
High Seas |
- The film is renowned for its spectacular special effects and stunning artistic design.