- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 30, 2001
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Bonus Trailer - AS GOOD AS IT GETS
- Bonus TrailerABOUT LAST NIGHT
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Joe, would you drink my spit'"
- Lucy Ackerman (Sarah Jessica Parker) to Joe (Eric Schaeffer)
USA Today - 03/08/1996
Variety - 02/05/1996
"...Macpherson instills her character with guile and confidence that's dead-on and a delightful surprise..."
Joe and Lucy are best friends and roommates in a small Manhattan apartment...and she's about to turn 30. So Lucy won't stop reminding Joe of their pact to jump off a bridge if they haven't found true love by the time she hits the big three-oh. Joe reluctantly agrees to honor the agreement. But first Joe tries to head off disaster by helping their romantic lives take off. He begins by anonymously inviting his beautiful neighbor (whom he's been ogling for years) to his first gallery opening. Then he makes sure this big event also offers possibilities for Lucy--who wins the interest of celebrated conceptual artist Bwick Elias. Will Joe and Lucy find love in the world of art' Or will the two roommates discover that when it comes to romance, there really is no place like home'
A Manhattan therapist and her artist best friend made a pact to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge together if they don't find true love before their 30th birthdays. They try desperately to avoid their date with destiny in this spirited romantic comedy.
- The film premiered on January 20, 1996 at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.
- Theatrical release: March 8, 1996.
- Additional cast: Sirajul Islam and Mujibar Rahman (Convenience Store Clerks). Islam and Rahman are the Bangladeshi salesmen who appear on TV with David Letterman on his LATE SHOW.
- Paintings by Sam Messer.