- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 03/05/1992
"...[Mellencamp's] vibrantly funny and touching film plays as an extension of his music without his singing a note..."
New York Times - 02/21/1992
"...FALLING FROM GRACE has a folksy, collaborative feeling that works well....Mellencamp's direction, like his performance in the central role, reflects an affecting earnestness..."
Entertainment Weekly - 03/13/1992
"...A movie of heart, subtlety, and dramatic zest..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/21/1992
"...There's a sharp, novelistic sense of observation in the way the characters bounce off each other's time-worn hostilities. The dialogue has an emotional subtext -- an undertow of feeling..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/15/1992
"...Mellencamp turns out to have a real filmmaking gift. His film is perceptive and subtle....The characters created here with McMurtry are three-dimensional and fully realized..."
The pressure of stardom and life on the road have left aging country music singer Bud Parks empty and depressed. He hopes a trip home to celebrate his grandfather's 80th birthday will rejuvenate him. Instead, it proves disastrous, as Bud succeeds in destroying everything he's worked so hard for.
Love Story |
- "Falling From Grace" marked singer/songwriter John Mellencamp's directorical debut and acting debut.
- Shot in Technicolor in Mellencamp's hometown of Seymour, Indiana.
- Released in USA February 1992.
- Additional cast: Gary Boebinger, Toby Myers, Margie Hopper, Donna Cowles, Elizabeth Anne Bowen, Hilda Marie Bowen, Edna Tyan Booker, Matthew J. Correll, Mary Cowles, Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Thomas Judd, Kasey Robinson, Aaron White, Eric White, Terra Cowles, Derek Davis, Joe Mellencamp, Bently Austin, Craig Austin, Eric Austin and Glenn Dalton.