- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 04/01/1996
"...A monument to a prodigious talent..." - Recommended
Rolling Stone - 05/04/1995
"...CRUMB is a funny, touching and vital portrait..."
New York Times - 09/27/1994
"...Riveting....A vision of American life as a phantasmagoric gallery of grotesques that is as gripping as it is harshly funny..."
Film Comment - 11/01/1994
"...Crumb comes off in some ways as charmingly self-aware and dedicated....[With] enlightening moments..."
New York Times - 04/21/1995
"...Riveting....The film offers an astonishingly unguarded portrait of Mr. Crumb....[With] amazingly candid interviews..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/1995
"...Fascinating and oddly moving..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/28/1995
"...Remarkable....When it comes to unflinching, riveting looks at a compulsive artist who can't be other than who he is, nothing comes close to CRUMB..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/26/1995
"...As a technical achievement, it's impressive, and entertaining....CRUMB is a film that gives new meaning to the notion of art as therapy..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/28/2006
"Zwigoff paints a bittersweet portrait of his longtime pal as both quirky charmer and unsavory misanthrope." -- Grade: A-
Art / Artists |
Essential Cinema |
- Co-produced by David Lynch and Superior Pictures Production.
- The Los Angeles Film Critics Association voted it Best Documentary of 1995.
- The film was a 1995 runner-up for the best picture prize by the National Society of Film Critics.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.