- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 04/22/1994
"...Tests the limits of techno-horror....[Furlong] is wrenchingly real..."
Variety - 04/25/1994
"...Furlong gives a solid and sympathetic performance..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/22/1995
"...[The] film certainly does supply its own jolt....It's more ambitious and intelligent than most teen horror flicks..."
Michael (Edward Furlong) is a gore-loving, media-saturated, suburban teen. Isolated by his distant father and dead mother, he finds refuge in horror fanzines and slasher flicks. He plugs into a new interactive game where the player enacts all too real murders. He thinks he can beat the wisecracking gamemaster--called the Trickster (T. Ryder Smith)--at his own game, but when he finds a severed foot in the fridge Michael realizes there is a bit more to Brainscan than he realized.
- Copyright 1994 Coral Productions, N. V.