- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 7, 1998
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 10/03/1996
"...A feast of a film done....Top-grade acting, writing and direction. It's the tastiest dish around..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/04/1996
"A movie to love....The real feast is in the mix of finely delineated characters..." -- Rating: A
Variety - 02/05/1996
"...Extremely well directed, making for a smartly made, delightfully acted period piece whose sensibility neatly straddles art films and the mainstream..."
Film Comment - 03/01/1996
"...Remarkably assured....An amusing and ultimately very moving reflection..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/20/1996
"...As delicately and deliciously prepared as the dishes it features....It is a sensual feast that understands, as great chefs do, the virtues of taking its time..."
Wall Street Journal - 03/22/2012
"Gastronomic perfectionism is the subject -- and fateful curse -- of this small, stirring drama that Stanley Tucci co-directed with Campbell Scott."
A provocative tale of two immigrant brothers who pin hopes to save their struggling restaurant on a banquet honoring star vocalist, the sweater-wearing Louis Prima, who a friend is supposed to bring there. Awarded the 1996 Sundance Award for Screenwriting.
- A Timpano production.
- Shown at the 1996 Sundance Film Festival, where it won the screenwriting prize.
- Released theatrically in New York City September 20, 1996.
- Co-screenwriters Stanley Tucci and Joseph Tropiano are cousins.
- Additional cast: Marc Anthony (Cristiano).