- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 27, 2000
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Multiple Angles feature is used during DAMAGE CONTROL documentary
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: DAMAGE CONTROL
- Isolated Music Score
- Documentary: MAKING THE BOOM & BANG IN BAD BOYS
- Audio Commentary: Michael Bay - Director
- Music Video:
- Diana King
- Warren G
- 69 Boyz
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 04/07/1995
"...The maestros of mayhem still stage destruction like a Wagner opera..."
Variety - 04/03/1995
"...[Lawrence and Smith's] interplay is engaging, and their lively, raucous personalities keep the proceedings punchy..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/1995
"...Enjoyably and successfully all-encompassing..."
Los Angeles Times - 04/07/1995
"...[Martin is] a potent comic force on the big screen..."
Total Film - 10/01/1999
"...[A] stylish, action-packed buddy movie..."
Total Film - 04/01/2001
"...A slick, hyper, pyrotechnic-filled thriller with some snappy comedy interplay..."
Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) is a happily married family man. Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) is a smooth-talking bachelor. Both are cops in the narcotics division of the Miami police department. When $100 million dollars worth of seized heroin is stolen from their police station, the mismatched duo are forced to switch identities to placate the only witness (Tea Leoni) who can lead them to the drug lord responsible and save their jobs before the FBI closes them down. This explosion-heavy, chase-filled, gun-smoking action comedy is directed by Michael Bay (ARMAGEDDON, PEARL HARBOR) and features comedic odd-couple-style bantering between the aptly paired Smith and Lawrence.
Organized Crime |
Switching Roles |