- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 16, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 03/22/1996
"...The movie respects [girls'] problems..." -- Rating: B+
Variety - 08/14/1995
"...A warm, cuddly and earnest tale of modern youth..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/18/1995
"...Mayron moves the film along with spunkiness and humor, expressing a lot of love for girls of that quirky, vulnerable, junior-high-school age..."
The film adaptation of Ann Martin's popular series of children's books -- which also became a TV show on HBO. The eponymous clique is comprised of seven pre-teen girls who are the best of friends. Together, they started an enterprise: a club where parents could reach 7 babysitters with just one call. And now they're going to run a summer day-camp for their young wards. Will they succeed' Meanwhile, the girls are all going through various personal crises: strained father/daughter relationships, puppy love, fashion plights, dieting dilemmas, and ugh, summer school. But through the best of times and the worst, through the laughter and the tears, and through the joys and the pains, the girls of the Babysitter's Club are always there for each other, till the very end.
As the girls in the Baby-Sitters Club approach a new summer and their 13th birthdays they devise a plan to make money, have fun and meet boys without letting it screw up their valuable friendships. Based on the popular book series by Ann M. Martin.
Theatrical Release |
- Actress Schuyler Fisk is the daughter of Sissy Spacek and Director Jack Fisk.
- Color by Technicolor; recorded in SDDS sound.
- "The Baby-sitters Club" opened theatrically in the USA August 18, 1995.
- A Beacon Pictures presentation of a Scholastic production.