- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: December 22, 1998
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- (unspecified) - English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 07/02/1986
"...[An] entertaining picture....[The] design is tasteful and captures well the physical surroundings of the characters..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/01/1986
"...Hilarious, insightful....Tender, marvelously well played and thoroughly engaging..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/21/1992
"...It's a great love story and a great comedy..."
Danny (Rob Lowe) and Debbie (Demi Moore) are in love--on a strictly casual basis--in this sexy comedy. Based on David Mamet's stage play SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO, director Edward Zwick's ABOUT LAST NIGHT... is a funny, provocative, and often insightful look at young romance in the 1980s. At a neighborhood bar, Danny, a swinging single, meets Debbie, a bright young advertising executive who happens to be sleeping with her boss. Sparks fly, and the pair go home together to enjoy what they think is going to be a meaningless night of sex, preferring casual sex to commitment. Danny and Debbie both enjoy their own freedom, work, and friendships. Debbie relies on the support of her roommate, Joan (Elizabeth Perkins in her film debut), a cynical kindergarten teacher, while Danny is constantly exchanging dirty stories and work anecdotes with his coworker and best friend, Bernie (James Belushi). Although they desire to keep their independence, Danny and Debbie begin spending more and more time with each other and finally end up moving in together, quickly becoming domesticated in spite of their fears. However, their whirlwind romance gets the better of them and, although they have strong feelings for one another, they break up. Emotionally devastated, they both attempt to move on while realizing that they may have had something more important than their supposed freedom. This in-depth look at the difficulties of modern relationships is insightful and sexy, featuring palpable chemistry between the two seductive stars.
Director Edward Zwick's ABOUT LAST NIGHT... is a look at relationships and the difficulties of commitment, chronicling the ups and downs of a young couple in the 1980s as they fall in love, break up and reunite.
- ABOUT LAST NIGHT... is director Edward Zwick's first feature film.
- The film features the screen debut of Elizabeth Perkins.
- Catherine Keener also makes her screen debut as a cocktail waitress.
- Megan Mullally from TV's WILL AND GRACE appears as Pat.
- The film's title was originally SEXUAL PERVERSITY IN CHICAGO, like the David Mamet play it's adapted from, but distributors balked at such a sexy title.
- Screenwriter Tim Kazurinsky stars as Colin in the film.