- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Portuguese
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Franc Roddam - Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA
- MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 08/14/1985
"...[An] attractive cast and imaginative premise....[The] lensing, largely in southern France, is a strong production value..."
After Doctor Frankenstein creates a mate for his "monster," Viktor (Clancy Brown), the doctor (Sting) assembles Eva (Jennifer Beals), who promptly rejects the male creature. Viktor heads out to find happiness elsewhere, eventually teaming up with a wise and helpful little man (David Rappaport) who is on his way to join the circus. Meanwhile, the doctor finds himself attracted to his female creation and sets about teaching her to be a proper Victorian woman. Unfortunately, it's highly likely that he hasn't seen the last of Viktor! Director Franc Roddam (QUADROPHENIA) combines elements from Mary Shelley's classic novel with bits from previous film versions of the tale for a distinctly romantic take on one of the world's best known horror stories.
Rock star Sting plays the mad scientist and Jennifer Beals lends her dynamic presence as his supreme creation, THE BRIDE. This spectacular movie follows Frankenstein's creations as they look for their place in the world-- the gorgeous Eva (Beals) by declaring her sexual independence, and her grotesque mate Viktor (Clancy Brown) by learning self-worth from a compassionate circus dwarf (David Rappaport). Can Sting survive when the monster returns to claim his intended' Alive with brilliant photography and lavish costumes, THE BRIDE invites you to a wedding night you'll never forget!
Rock singer Sting plays Dr. Frankenstein in this postmodern, romantic version of "Bride of Frankenstein." His creation, Eva, is an independent-minded monster who thinks she can have an affair with someone other than her creator.
Based On A Novel |
Mad Doctor |
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
- Color by Rank.
- Frankenstein's laboratory was designed by Jim Whiting.