- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 17, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Production Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary:
- Edward Norton - Director/Producer/Star
- Stuart Blumberg - Writer/Producer
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Oy."--Rabbi Jake Schram (Ben Stiller)
"Amen to your oy."
- Father Brian Kilkenney Finn (Edward Norton)
Total Film - 10/01/2000
"...A sharp script and a trio of well-balanced comic performances....The gags hit exactly the right spot, whether they're slapstick or verbal..." -- 4 out of 5 stars
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2000
"...Fresh and diverting with some shrewd insights..."
KEEPING THE FAITH, Edward Norton's debut as a director, is a charming romantic comedy that harkens back to old Hollywood. In what is essentially the set-up of a traditional joke, a rabbi and a priest find themselves in a tricky situation when a childhood friend, now an attractive businesswoman, reenters their lives.
New York City |
Romantic Comedy |
- Theatrical release: April 14, 2000.
- Filmed on location in Newark, New Jersey, and New York City, New York.
- Given Edward Norton's intense, hard-hitting roles in films such as PRIMAL FEAR, AMERICAN HISTORY X, and FIGHT CLUB, many fans and critics were surprised that his first directorial effort proved to be a romantic comedy.
- Milos Forman (who appears in the film as Father Havel) and Norton reversed their usual roles in KEEPING THE FAITH. Previously, Forman had directed Norton in THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT.