Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 29, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio commentary with director Breck Eisner
- Behind the scenes with director Breck Eisner
- Paranormal pandemics
- The George A. Romero template
- Make-up mastermind: Rob Hall in action
- The Crazies motion comic episodes 1 & 2
- Visual effects in motion
- Storyboards: building a scene
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- PCM Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 02/18/2010
4 stars out of 5 -- "Eisner more than makes the grade with this exciting update..."
Box Office - 02/25/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "A reimagining of George Romero's 1973 horror flick, THE CRAZIES brings in contemporary themes of paranoia and bio-terror and updates them for a new generation..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/26/2010
"THE CRAZIES is a perfectly competent genre film..."
Los Angeles Times - 02/26/2010
"As epidemic scenarios go, THE CRAZIES has solid underpinnings for going in any direction: social commentary or nasty good time."
USA Today - 02/26/2010
"The film shocks and scares us, but it wisely avoids gruesome extremes. Eisner focuses instead on the evil that lurks within and nearby..."
Hollywood Reporter - 02/25/2010
"Part zombie movie, part apocalyptic bioterror, part military conspiracy thriller, the refit hybrid doesn't stint on the visceral kicks demanded by contemporary audiences while remaining reasonably true to those Romero roots."
Wall Street Journal - 02/26/2010
"Like all the best thrillers, THE CRAZIES abuts believability, with convincing performances by Timothy Olyphant as small-town Iowa sheriff David Dutton, Radha Mitchell as his wife, Judy, and Joe Anderson as Russell the deputy."
Variety - 02/25/2010
"[T]his retooled CRAZIES delivers the essential suspense goods with overall skill..."
Horror master George Romero earns credit as executive producer for this remake of his own 1973 film. In THE CRAZIES, a small town is the setting for a virus infection that turns the inhabitants into corpses and the insane.
Small Town Life |