From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 26, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic SD 1624 (1972)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hubert Laws is a master jazz flutist, performing in multiple creative directions since the late 50's. "Wild Flower" is Laws' memorable 1972 release, recorded in his most productive period.
- 1.Wild Flower
- 5.Motherless Child
Personnel includes: Hubert Laws (piccolo, flute, alto flute); John Murtaugh (conductor); Bernard Eichen, Paul Gershman, Harry Lookofsky (violin); Julian Barber, Selwart Clarke, Harold Coletta (viola); Seymour Barab, Richard Bock, George Ricci (cello); Gary Burton (vibraphone); Chick Corea (piano); Ron Carter, Richard Davis (bass); Bernard Purdie (drums); Mongo Santamaria (congas); Joe Chambers, Airto Moreira, Warren Smith (percussion).
Recorded at Atlantic Recording Studios, New York, New York on January 27, 1972. Originally released on Atlantic (1624). Includes liner notes by Joel Dorn.
Digitally remastered by Gene Paul and Jennifer Munson (DB Plus Digital Services, New York, New York).
A nice date from an earlier Laws period with a harder tone and more traditional jazz direction. ~ Ron Wynn
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 1,565
- UPC: 090431792421
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Alabama Feels So Right (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas With The Chipmunks, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- America Live (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- American Composers Orchestra Beaser: Chorale Variations / Seven Deadly Sins / Concerto for Piano & Orchestra (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE