- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 21, 1998
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.77
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Listen, skirt, let me make it simple for you
- take a hike!"
Entertainment Weekly - 07/12/1996
"...The large ensemble cast is game....[Some songs shot with] real pizzazz."
Variety - 05/30/1984
"...A pulsing, throbbing orchestration....The film alternately, and sometimes simultaneously, suggests the rhythm and texture of BLADE RUNNER, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and THE WARRIORS..."
USA Today - 07/05/1996
"...[With] a pulsating mix of flashy cutting and Ry Cooder music....A guilty-pleasure cult movie..."
Beautiful young rock singer Ellen Aim is kidnapped off stage by a motorcycle gang. Her manager then hires a young adventurer to help him rescue his client, but what he doesn't realize is that the man he hired was once Ellen's boyfriend.
Romance and violence collide in this rock 'n' roll fantasy set against a background of highly stylized urban decay. A sexy female singer is kidnapped by a gang of vicious bikers and her cool, laconic ex-boyfriend must come to her rescue. The pounding soundtrack features songs by Stevie Nicks, The Blasters, Ry Cooder and others.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in the USA June 1, 1984.
- Film was originally rated R by the MPAA, but was re-edited to earn a PG for release.
- Additional credit: Howard Jensen (special effects).
- Actress Diane Lane's singing voice is dubbed.
- Lee Ving, who plays Greer, is a member of the punk rock group "Fear."
- Marine Jahan, the dancer who doubled for Jennifer Beals in "Flashdance," plays a stripper in a brief sequence.
- The soundtrack album to the movie features 10 original songs by Stevie Nicks, The Blasters, Ry Cooder, Jim Steinman and other music performers.