- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 26, 1998
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Dual Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital - 3.0 - French
- Dolby Digital - 5.1 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 05/01/1995
"...STREET FIGHTER has great in-built playability, and the cast and film-makers play it for all its worth, keeping the tone right on the cusp between straight-faced shoot-'em-up and self-parodying kitsch..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 12/26/1994
"...STREET FIGHTER does have a sense of humor about itself..."
Based on the popular video game, this action-packed adventure pits Colonel Guile, the Allied Nations commando leader, against the diabolical General Bison in a high-kicking, futuristic, martial arts battle for the fate of the Earth. Julia's final performance.
Ryu, Chun-Li, Sagat, and other combatants from the popular video game "Street Fighter II" come to life in all their kickboxing glory. Gen. M. Bison, the villainous ruler of Shadaloo, is holding over 60 relief workers hostage. When the Allied Nations forces, led by handsome redhead Col. Guile, decide to pay Bison a ransom instead of overthrowing him, Guile objects, and is fired. Never one to take things lightly, Guile rounds up a multi-cultural band of expert "street fighters", and sets out to defeat the nefarious Bison.
Martial Arts |
- Shot in DeLuxe color.
- Film is based on the Capcom videogame "Street Fighter II."
- "Street Fighter" is dedicated to actor Raul Julia; it was his last film.
- A Capcom production.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- The Laserdisc version #42366 includes a surprise ending not seen in U.S. Theaters.