- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 3, 2002
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Games
- Song Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Oliver's Map of London
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Charles Dickens' timeless tale of ragamuffins, ruffians and rogues in the every-man-for-himself tumult of Victorian London, featuring Fagin, the artful Dodger, and the young orphan Oliver, here joined by his pet toad Squeaker.
The famed tale of "Oliver Twist" has had many incarnations, but none like this animated, musical version.
The scrappy English boy and his friendly toad, Squeaker, endure a miserable existence in a Victorian workhouse. As his overseer cracks the whip, Oliver dreams of better days. So he and his pet secretly leave for the streets of London, which promises far more excitement and fulfillment than his dead-end job does.
Thus, Oliver's adventures begin. He soon finds himself amid rough-housing brutes, sniveling creeps, innocents adrift, and good samaritans. Under the guidance of a con artist, the Artful Dodger, the dirt-poor boy extricates himself from sticky situations, such as those posed by the mean Bill Sikes.
But Oliver does not yet know about his destiny -- one that may free him from the shackles of poverty.
Kids Adventure |
- Davy Jones, who provides one of the voices in this film, played the Artful Dodger in the original theatrical musical "Oliver!"
- Additional credit: Jacqueline Smith (executive producer for Warner Bros.).
- A Filmation production.