- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 2, 2003
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - Spanish
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This remake of "The Paleface" finds Don Knotts filling in for Bob Hope as a cowardly dentist who gets mixed up with Indians and outlaws when he heads out West. Jesse Heywood leaves Philadelphia behind for a new life on the frontier. He soon meets Penny, a beautiful gunslinger trying to foil a gang of bandits. She helps Jesse out of a few jams thanks to her quick trigger finger, but the bumbling doctor thinks it's his own gun that actually shot his attackers. In the process, however, he really does develop the courage to become a real hero.
- Shot in Techniscope. Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City July 10, 1968, on a double bill with "King Kong Escapes."