- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 11, 2004
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
In Judy Garland's last screen appearance, she plays Jenny Bowman, a famous American singer who has come to London for a series of concerts. She visits her former lover, a doctor, on the pretext of a sore throat, but her real motive is to see the son they had together and whom she has never seen.
Tear Jerker |
Theatrical Release |
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision on location in London and Shepperton Studios.
- Judy Garland's last screen appearance.
- Original trailer for the film, when it was titled "The Lonely Stage," is included at the end of the video.
- Additional cast: Russell Waters (Reynolds), Pauline Jameson (Miss Plimpton), Eric Woodburn, Jeremy Burnham, David Lee, and Al Paul.
- Additional credits: Harold Fletcher (makeup), Pearl Tipaldi (hairstylist), Maurice Binder (graphic design).
- Released on video in the UK May 1994.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Censors.