- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 22, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Comparisons: Film-to-Storyboard Comparison
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: Peter Segal - Director
- Conversation between Peter Segal - Director, and Brian Grazer - Producer
- Eddie Murphy Featurette
- Janet Jackson
- Sisquo - THONG SONG
- Muziq - JUST FRIENDS
- Jay-Z - HEY PAPI
- Janet Jackson Wardrobe Tests
- Janet Jackson Screen Test
- Make-up Tests
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 07/28/2000
"...Serves up Eddie faces of all ages, sexes and girths with the comedic brilliance to burn them permanently into the memory..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
New York Times - 07/28/2000
"...Tremendously funny....[Eddie Murphy] will knock the blues right out of you..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/11/2000
"...Murphy gets as deep into character as Richard Pryor used to....[Baker's make-up is] ingenious..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/28/2000
"...NUTTY II is often very funny and never less than amazing, when you consider the work and imagination that went into Murphy's creation of the Klump family....Murphy has an uncanny gift for mimicry..."
Total Film - 11/01/2000
"...There's some genuine comic flair..."
This sequel to the remake of the original 1963 film features Eddie Murphy reprising his many roles as Dr. Sherman Klump, Buddy Love, and a host of other Klump family members. The film focuses on Klump's efforts to woo a new university professor, Denise (Janet Jackson). After a failed DNA experiment separates Buddy from Klump, he must use Denise's research to squash Buddy once and for all. Of course, Murphy's multirole performance is the highlight of this wacky comedy.
- NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS made $42.7 million on its opening weekend, Eddie Murphy's biggest opening of his career to that point. The first NUTTY PROFESSOR grossed $25.4 millions on its opening weekend four years earlier.
- Special Makeup Effects wizard Rick Baker is a five-time Academy Award® winner. Among the films Baker has worked on are THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, STAR WARS, MEN IN BLACK, ED WOOD, AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, and HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS!
- Coscreenwriters Barry W. Blaunstein and David Sheffield worked with Eddie Murphy on NBC's SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, where they developed some of Murphy's most famous characters, including Gumby, Buckwheat, and Velvet Jones. The writers went on to work on the screenplays of other Murphy projects, including THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, COMING TO AMERICA, and BOOMERANG.
- Coscreenwriters Paul Weitz and Chris Weitz made their feature film debuts as directors on the hit teen comedy AMERICAN PIE.
- Chuck Weitz also wrote and starred in CHUCK & BUCK.