- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 5, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Scenes: Extended Scene - "The Restaurant"
- Comparisons: Film-to-Storyboard Comparison
- Music Video: Janet Jackson - "Doesn't Really Matter"
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary: Peter Segal - Director
- Production Interviews: Peter Segal - Director, Brian Grazer - Director
- Making Of:
- Make-up Application
- Spotlight On Location
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 07/28/2000
"...Serves up Eddie faces of all ages, sexes and girths with the comedic brilliance to burn them permanently into the memory..." -- 3 out of 4 stars
New York Times - 07/28/2000
"...Tremendously funny....[Eddie Murphy] will knock the blues right out of you..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/11/2000
"...Murphy gets as deep into character as Richard Pryor used to....[Baker's make-up is] ingenious..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/28/2000
"...NUTTY II is often very funny and never less than amazing, when you consider the work and imagination that went into Murphy's creation of the Klump family....Murphy has an uncanny gift for mimicry..."
Total Film - 11/01/2000
"...There's some genuine comic flair..."
Everything is coming up roses for Professor Sherman Klump (Eddie Murphy). His fiancée, the equally brilliant Denise Gaines (pop music star Janet Jackson), loves him for his prodigious mind. Sherman's university has just been offered $150,000,000 for the radical new youth serum Sherman has developed. And the big-eating, trash-talking Klump clan (all played by Murphy) couldn't be happier. The only person who can ruin things now is Sherman's nemesis: his idlike alter ego, the smooth-talking, flashy dressing Buddy Love (also played by Murphy). In an attempt to destroy Buddy once and for all, Sherman manages to locate and extract the DNA strand that represents the last remaining trace of his own private Mr. Hyde. But the gene accidentally mutates with a strand of dog hair, giving birth to a brave new Buddy who sniffs out the Klumps. With the help of Academy Award-winning makeup wizard Rick Baker, Murphy magically disappears into multiple roles for uproarious results. NUTTY PROFESSOR II is a hilarious sequel to the 1996 remake.
This sequel to the remake of the original 1963 film features Eddie Murphy reprising his many roles as Dr. Sherman Klump, Buddy Love, and a host of other Klump family members. The film focuses on Klump's efforts to woo a new university professor, Denise (Janet Jackson). After a failed DNA experiment separates Buddy from Klump, he must use Denise's research to squash Buddy once and for all. Of course, Murphy's multirole performance is the highlight of this wacky comedy.
- NUTTY PROFESSOR II: THE KLUMPS made $42.7 million on its opening weekend, Eddie Murphy's biggest opening of his career to that point. The first NUTTY PROFESSOR grossed $25.4 millions on its opening weekend four years earlier.
- Special Makeup Effects wizard Rick Baker is a five-time Academy Award® winner. Among the films Baker has worked on are THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, STAR WARS, MEN IN BLACK, ED WOOD, AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, and HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS!
- Coscreenwriters Barry W. Blaunstein and David Sheffield worked with Eddie Murphy on NBC's SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, where they developed some of Murphy's most famous characters, including Gumby, Buckwheat, and Velvet Jones. The writers went on to work on the screenplays of other Murphy projects, including THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, COMING TO AMERICA, and BOOMERANG.
- Coscreenwriters Paul Weitz and Chris Weitz made their feature film debuts as directors on the hit teen comedy AMERICAN PIE.
- Chuck Weitz also wrote and starred in CHUCK & BUCK.