- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 03/12/1980
"...There is something irresistible about the story....Henry Mancini's score fits neatly..."
This fourth film adaptation of Damon Runyon's short story concerns the aptly named bookie Sorrowful Jones. His life -- and his outlook -- change dramatically after a man leaves Sorrowful a little girl as collateral for a debt...and doesn't return. The sprightly child has a positive effect on her curmudgeonly guardian, adding a little sunshine to his happiness-free life. Furthermore, the lass decides to play matchmaker, for Sorrowful and a lovely widow. Will her plan to create romance work'
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Andrew Rubin (Carter); Jacqueline Hyde (Lola); Randy Herman (Clerk); Tom Pedl (Vittorio); Jessica Rains (Clerk).
- Additional credit: Ronald J. Martinez (assistant director).
- Tony Curtis, who plays Blackie in this film, portrayed Sorrowful Jones in "40 Pounds of Trouble", the third remake of "Little Miss Marker."